October 18, 2022
9:00 AM-4:00 PM
St. Paul Lutheran Church – Borchers
10792 N County Road 210 E
Seymour, IN 47274
Adult Mental Health First Aid is an evidence-based course that teaches participants:
- How to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Signs and symptoms for a variety of mental health disorders such as anxiety, depression, substance use, trauma, and deliberate self-injury.
- Awareness and understanding of the impact mental health and substance use stigma can have.
- How to assist those in need to get help from a health professional.
Adult Mental Health First Aid includes:
- Two (2) hours of online, self-paced learning*
- Six (6) hours of live instruction led by Purdue Extension staff.
- A Mental Health First Aid participant manual hard copy.
* Participants must complete the online self-paced learning at least 48 hours BEFORE attending the live instruction. Similar to becoming certified in CPR, there is a requirement that to be certified in Adult Mental Health First Aid, participants will attend and participate in all course content and activities.
- Cost: $20 per participant.
- Class size: 10 participants minimum.
- Advance registration by October 4, 2022 is REQUIRED to attend. There will be no refunds or course transfers after October 4, 2022.
- Course instructors: Marcia Parcell (email@example.com) & Kelsey Meyers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
download or save the course flyer below: